There are currently 62 tasks on my ‘To Do” list & at least 35 of them are priority items!!!
I am working 14 hours a week in my pre baby job – which means being in the office for those hours (one 10 hour day and 4 hours over the weekend).
I have 3 kids who are 8 & 6 years and 9 months old (enough said).
I have two ventures that I am working my ass off to move into action so that my life will have a focus when we move to France (& to take my mind off moving to France and leaving my friends behind!).
Did I mention we are moving to France in 5 weeks? Yes: movers, packing, travelling, airports, trains, hotels, cars, new house, meeting new people (cringe).
I need to keep my house clean at all times (with 3 kids) as we are trying to rent our house out to great tenants.
I am learning French.
I need to make time to have a proper farewell with all of the people who have cared for me, shared with me, cried with me, vented with me and laughed with me – this is very important.
Heres my plan:
- BREATHE, have a glass (or three) of wine and think about all the great things I’ll do tomorrow!
- Stop procrastinating hmmmmm
- Reframe my attitude! We are starting an adventure and every item I tick off my list takes us a step closer to our new life! Woo Hoo (feel my excitement?!).
- Only tidy the house in the 30mins before prospective tenants turn up (I get the most done when I panic clean anyway!)
- I can multi task on things that don’t need my full attention – I can listen to my French podcast while cooking dinner, after I have put a load of washing on, while the boys are in the bath, Lily is sleeping and I’m writing my manifesto for world domination. That is a whopping 6 things at once! (Ok, I’m not really writing a manifesto – it’s on my things to do list!)
- Grab 2 hours on a Saturday morning before Johnny goes to work and sit in my favourite cafe with my laptop and nail the stuff that needs my focus.
- Put the kids in front of the tv when stuff just has to be done and cook pizza for dinner when I need to save my energy for after they are in bed (by 7pm!).
- Clear space every night to appreciate what I’m achieving and give gratitude for all that (I know) is coming my way!
But seriously now, every day I need to be clear on what needs to be done and I have to JUST DO IT! This move is coming and with it a massive change for the way I live my life.
The ball is rolling, the change is in motion. I cannot stop it, I need to flow with it. I need to get on board and make sure I am not just a passenger but I am steering the ship and in control.
Speak soon, I’m off to tackle my ‘batch’ of tasks for the day!
oxo Jaimee Sarah
(Thanks to Gina Lambert http://www.thelazychick.org for the ‘How to Batch your Tasks’ idea!)